marathon training

marathon training

Thursday, March 6, 2014

It only took over thirty something years to figure out something so simple, so easy, so innate. It also took one loud seamstress at a bridal salon to yell out the size dress I needed to order for a bridesmaid dress to wake me up out of my inactive slumber. So i changed the way i ate. Then I began to move. Simple. With that came of course weight loss, a physicality that made me feel better about myself, but more importantly a mindful clarity that moving my body also moved my mind. Now there is no way I can lie and say after I lost weight my life became this perfect, storybook fairy tale. It definitely has not been. I am a complicated gal with my ups and downs, as many of us experience in our lives. I still eat like a pig on occasion and if I could surrender myself to a padded cell with nothing but ice cream for the rest of my life I would.  I still have my premenstrual moments where my kids and husband put on their ski helmets for protection, hunker down, and hid until the week has passed. I yell, but then I laugh. I move, and my movement has reached me to places I never thought possible. I've moved across marathon finish  lines. I move a paintbrush across a canvas. I've moved words out of my mouth and words into my mouth. I move and it feels wonderful. This is about a journey, how an active life = a happy life. A journey I want each of you to come on with me, because movement with numbers makes the journey that much more full. -k

No comments:

Post a Comment